What are you here for?

Monday, November 9, 2009

He is no more..

I got to know about his demise only when my friend told me about the mail from Dean. Other wise I would have never known of his existence. A quick reaction from another friend- "Well, let`s not talk about the stupid fellow who had no courage to face hardhips of life."

True indeed!! atleast for the philo lectures. But the point that we mis out is- why, a kid who has just been exposed to all hardships made a tragic decision.

Every one seem to give their own verdict and get done with it. We by criticizing his action, Dean- by promising yet another ineffective counselling session. I don`t think any one actually cared and tried to look for the reasons behind this tragedy, as if it would never happen again.

We in college are at most of the times indulged in all kinda fun activities. Then why is there a sudden process of gradual self alienation and depression. Academic reason cant be sole reason for it. Then what is the actual reason? I have no answers. And I guess no one else has. Students blame it on tough academic curriculum. Teachers blame it on the environment students have created around themselves and many other factors. But in this process of blame game,we seem to have forgotten one thing- He is no more... and never would return.

No comments:

Post a Comment