What are you here for?

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Second innings- Another life challenge!



We all have laughed heartily about it. We have all made fun of the incident.

But it wasn’t definitely fun for me during those moments. It wasn`t definitely fun for my wife waiting outside the ICU impatiently for the doctors to say that I had a chance to come out alive. It wasn’t fun for my parents sitting a thousand miles away feeling helpless and waiting for the visa to be issued. It wasn’t fun for my brother to keep it altogether till he saw me alive. It wasn’t fun for my cousins, uncles, aunts, in-laws, wasn’t fun for friends with whom I had grown up. It wasn’t fun for me either because it was all very painful (especially when anaesthesia doesn’t work on me that well). 

My fault was to carelessly try to save a friend- something I am not embarrassed about.

I know it would have been embarrassing dying in the pool. But dying isn’t fun either.

In 2006 they said IIT was out of my league. I had given up but when I looked into the eyes of my parents, I knew I had to do it for them. I fought it out.

I was completely written off by people, in everything I have tried- Techfest, job, business school entrance etc. But somehow I have managed to fight back, of course because of bunch of people- family and friends.

Now, life has thrown one more challenge at me- To prove there is much more to me than that pool incident.

Bring it on! I am ready to laugh at the incident and fight back.

4 comments:

  1. A story that brought goosebumps to me from beginning till the end. A story of a braveheart! More so..super will power that Venus had!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can very well understand this life and death situation. You will definitely achieve heights you deserve. Be positive.. I am really proud of you........

    ReplyDelete